Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Need help deciding

2445 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-06 17:28:49

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Tkinney
    2015-02-22 09:21:01
     I've been reading though the forum and have seen many complaints.  I am wanting to get a new scanner.  I currently have a genisys with the scope module.  I am torn between getting a verus(used with new update) or a maxisys pro(I would get the mp408 also). My mind was made up until I found this forum and I am starting to lean towards the verus.  Is the maxisys, with current update, as bad as people are making it sound?  Is support with Autel really as bad as I have read on this forum?  Please give me your honest opinion. 

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-02-22 10:31:58 (Reply to:Tkinney)

I own both of them but even with all the complains of Maxisys, nothing comes close to it, it is very fast,  it has the best car coverage of all scanners, it will scan about every module of almost any car. The Verus strength is on domestic vehicles and emissions,  it also has the trobleshooter tips which are really handy, and the scope wich is good; but it sucks that its coverage is very limited, mainly in  body and security systems.  I regret buying the Verus, for the pice of a Verus $10,000,  I could have bought a Solus wich is 1/3 of the price, a Pico Scope or a Vantage scope all for about half price of it. Since you already own a scope my advice is to buy the Maxisys and also buy a Snap-on scanner, not the Verus, maybe a  Solus, both for around the price of a used Verus. You are going to need both, believe me.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Tkinney
    2015-02-22 10:48:25 (Reply to:J Gutz)
     Thank you your reply. I will be going with the Maxisys. 

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-02-22 10:49:00 (Reply to:Tkinney)

The Maxisys 908 has to be the best scanner I have owned to this day. It does have a few problems but no worse than any other scanner has.For the money it can't be beat.As for the MP408 when it becomes available at more places I will buy one as well.Enjoy

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-02-22 12:41:08 (Reply to:Tkinney)

I too have the verus pro and maxysis. The two tools compliment each other so a solus and maxysis together will make a nice combo. Maxysis tends to work best at cars 10-12 years old and newer. Snapons coverage is far better at older vehicles. Currently many places have the maxisys on sale probably in anticipation of the release of the maxisys ultra. As far as there legal problems go I would not be too concern with it as companies do this to each other all the time. Even if autel folded up the day after you buy the tool you will get your money out of it because it works that well versus the other options out there.

•   Level 4   
    (125) points
    mkarisson

2015-02-22 13:31:59 (Reply to:Tkinney)

I own a ds 708 and a maxisys pro a tech 2 and our company has a hanatech 
    I would not use anything other than a autel I love them and with all the complaints people do nothing comes close 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-04 03:15:19 (Reply to:hefaus)

Thanks very much for your trust. MP408 will be sold soon, I think, in March or April.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-03-05 13:44:04 (Reply to:Tkinney)

Autel 908p. All the way !

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-03-06 17:28:49 (Reply to:Tkinney)

MaxiSys Pro. Every diagnostic tool as is problems. But none as the coverage that MaxiSys Pro has. And believe me, I have seen a lot of tools working, even OEM tools.
  Total1 Pages